Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Notice of Final Post

Thank you for reading. Now that electricity has been restored, in the past few hours, I wanted to post a final word. It's been fun, dangerous fun. I think I will be changing tact, however.

Last Word:
I would be more than happy in a remote pueblo so far from civilization it would kill me to walk out. All I need is electricity and an Internet connection. I write splendid propaganda and misinformation, just like the newspapers. My passion is for the experience of influencing thought. I do care somewhat about the issues, but I know at the very core of my being my words will not make ideals come true (it's all gray matter, babe). So I do what I do to direct people's thoughts. I would love to do it for the good people, whoever we are. I would have accepted, and will accept, such an invitation. I would even show up to work 24 hours a day, and salute the superior (cough, cough) officers. One requirement: That I never get medical care.

End Transmission.

[Written Much Later: I succeeded. It is a 24 hour a day job with no pay, no benefits, and it is for the good people. I also have a job. I moonlight on my true calling.]